Saturday, November 27, 2010

Days with my Father...

Phillip Toledano has created the most moving and emotional series of images, about the last few years he shared together with his father. I love the way he has combined the images with words, and stories of his fathers life, people who have influenced his thoughts and just a lot of happy memories and sometimes painful ones too, to go with stunning raw images. I really relate to these photographs, and I think they speak to anyone who has gone through losing loved ones, and dealing with the harder times in a light hearted way. On his site, Toledano thanks viewers for their support and kind emails and to me that sums up the heart of this work, to touch people enough to actually want them to share their experiences through your photographs is something very special.



to see the series in full click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment